Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Fallin'

I'm going through a very restless period in my life right, alternating between numbness and emotion and its been going on for quite a while. I now realize that I've been subconsciously trying to bury the issues by immersing myself in everything else other than addressing it. When I'm numb I want to feel again and when I feel I don't wanna experience that either. I'm not unhappy but I badly want to find some stability and passion. Can there be passion and stability at once? I don't know. I guess I really, badly need a cause to be passionate about and put my heart and soul into.

Even as I write this there are hundred thoughts which surge through my mind waiting to settle and take shape and form and meaning. I'm stuck in a contradicted mess and I am struggling to find a sense of higher ground. The sense of confusion has been around for just too long now.. and everything I spend time on has become a useless waste of energy. Life, as i now know, is a constant struggle, every moment of it. And if you don't win every moment, you pay that much by the loss of it. Sounds harsh, but I believe its true. Because, I've seen the waste, the pointlessness of it. It feels miserable but most of the time I don't realize it until much later. But to win every moment is to be God-like I guess. Calling it God-like makes me wanna win every moment lesser bcoz I straightaway start thinking I can't do it. So I take that back.

I need a mantra to hold on to while facing difficult situations. And the lack of it is causing me to be this dead person I don't like much. Need to find my own, coz what worked one time doesn't work now coz that took a different kind of facing I guess. I need contentment so bad. The last time I felt alive was on New Years Eve I want that again!

2 comments:

Aruni Bhattacharya said...

Life, as i now know, is a constant struggle, every moment of it. And if you don't win every moment, you pay that much by the loss of it.

Doesn't sound harsh. Sounds downright stupid. Its impossible to win every moment. Thats not life, that would be a sitcom.

Mannequin said...

If I could use every moment to do something, then I believe I can do extraordinary things but I dont and I kick myself for it and then wallow etc. cycle continues.

Maybe winning every moment may sound impossible hence stupid, but is still an ideal I see for myself. It's good to be harsh with yourself at times.